Precinct #1 includes all voters within the Wayland School District.
Precinct #2 is comprised of voters in the Caledonia & Thornapple-Kellogg School District
You are eligible to vote if you are:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old on or before the next election
- A resident of Michigan
- Registered 30 days prior to the next election
- You are not required to re-register for each election unless you have moved or changed your name.
You can register to vote at any:
- Secretary of State Branch Office
- County Clerk’s Office
- Leighton Township Clerk’s Office
- By mail (form available at www.michigan.gov/sos) – If you register by mail you must vote in person for your first election.
The Michigan Voter Information Center (MVIC) at www.michigan.gov/sos has additional information such as:
- How do I register to vote?
- Am I already registered?
- Find your clerk
- Absentee ballots
- Voting machine instructions
- Election calendar
- Map to your polling location
- View your current ballot
Absentee voter ballots are available for all elections. They provide voters with a convenient method for casting a ballot when they are unable to attend the polls on Election Day.
An Absentee Ballot Application must be filed prior to receipt of a ballot. Applications are available at the township office or at www.michigan.gov/sos.
Leighton Township also maintains a permanent absentee list for voters who have requested ballot applications sent to them for each election. If you would like to be added to that list, please contact the Clerk.